PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] wifi connection icon missing

snaudalius
December 8th, 2009, 09:52 PM
New problem with Kubuntu 9.10. One day I turned on my Dell inspiron 6400 and noticed that there is no wireless connection icon in panel and network is not working. Tried to add network manager icon but it failed. The funny thing is that everything works great from other user account on the same machine although I am the primary user :D I found the way how to get Internet connection. I need to log into other account and switch users without logging out. I had some problems with Kubuntu before an they disappeared somehow in a magical way :D Hoping it will be the same again :)

jamere
December 29th, 2009, 01:46 PM
well, you're not alone. network manager applet and battery power applet suddenly missing in panel. not sure 9.10 was ready for prime time:confused:

DrScum
June 5th, 2010, 05:08 PM
I currently have the same problem with Ubuntu 10.04, no help from the forum these days.
Additonally the Open Office quickstarter keeps vanishing and suddenly reappears for no particular reason.

zzzliperzzz
June 17th, 2010, 06:18 AM
I currently have the same problem with Ubuntu 10.04, no help from the forum these days.
Additonally the Open Office quickstarter keeps vanishing and suddenly reappears for no particular reason.

I'm also using Ubuntu 10.04. You can add the notification area to your panel to view the network connection icon.

1. right click to the panel.
2. Choose "Add to Panel..."
3. Find "Notification Area"; Add then close.

wintermoon
June 17th, 2010, 06:47 AM
well, you're not alone. network manager applet and battery power applet suddenly missing in panel. not sure 9.10 was ready for prime time:confused:
Nope. Karmic was really messed up (at least for me). The only reason I used Kubuntu 9.10 on my old Gateway box was because Ubuntu 9.10 kept giving me a temperature error before even booting to a usable GUI. That box is well-ventilated and I was unable to reproduce the error with any other distro (or even with Ubuntu 10.04, which I now run on that machine).

Patrissimo
June 30th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Thanks, zz, that worked for me.

littlemaz8
August 14th, 2010, 03:10 AM
thanks i just had the same problem just with a different system and everything but thanks