PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] wireless setup

skyjacker
December 8th, 2009, 09:27 PM
I have tried Netbook, as well as EasyPeasy, and cannot set up the Internet. How does one do this? I tried Zen(PCLinuxos), and it automatically set it up. Please help, I like Ubuntu best.
Thanks

mikewhatever
December 8th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Click on the network manager icon in the panel, select a network to connect to, done. I suspect that these steps didn't work somehow, so if you please, explain what's wrong. Do you get error messages? What's the problem exactly?

skyjacker
December 9th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Click on the network manager icon in the panel, select a network to connect to, done. I suspect that these steps didn't work somehow, so if you please, explain what's wrong. Do you get error messages? What's the problem exactly?
It didn't show me any choices when I got into the manager, unlike Zen did.

RedSingularity
December 9th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Look in System>Admin>Hardware Drivers and see if there is a driver to activate for the wireless.

skyjacker
December 9th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Look in System>Admin>Hardware Drivers and see if there is a driver to activate for the wireless.I did this and found a driver that needs to be activated (Broadcom wireless driver). I tried to activate it, but guess what, I need to have internet to download it. Now what do I do.
I also found out that I could use wicd, but can't get it either. HELP!

RedSingularity
December 9th, 2009, 03:54 AM
You cant find a temporary Ethernet connection?

mikewhatever
December 9th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Wicd wouldn't work without a driver either. You need to install it before anything else.