PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Rhythmbox SQL-like search?

Cyb3rD0n Architectus
December 8th, 2009, 08:36 PM
With Ubuntu 9.10 I switched from Amarok 1.4 to Rhythmbox to manage my massive collection of 30.000+ tracks. After two months of using Rhythmbox, I must conclude I still like Amarok 1.4 better, but Amarok 2 is not worth it to install, so I'm trying to get the best out of Rhythmbox.

But when managing a large library, you need to be able to fine-tune a query. With Rhythmbox I cannot seem to find a way to do that. Is there a list of statements to use in the searchbar? :-k A list of SQL-like statements as being used by Amarok? With Rhythmbox, I cannot seem to be able to use things as 'OR', 'AND', 'WHERE' etc... My Automatic Playlist results are far from desireable and I must use way more seperate lists then before. ](*,) Otherwise, build-in a 'WHERE'-statement in the Automatic Playlist-builder...

Please advise. Thanks in advance! :-\"

Cyb3rD0n Architectus
December 12th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Well, nobody replied with a usefull answer... But I found a solution myself: using Banshee! :KS Banshee is sort of the 'Power User' equivalent of Rhythmbox, which is more of a 'simple/easy user' kind of player. With Banshee approaches the best what I intended to do with managing my huge collection. The dynamic playlists are quite the same, but the search functionality is 'SQL-minded', which is a plus! \\:D/

Thanks to you all, even when you only thought about 5 seconds of an alternative. ):P