PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Accidently deleted bottom main panel

dbuehler
December 8th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I was moving a picture to the trash but dropped it on the panel instead and it did some really weird things. In the process of trying to correct this problem, I accidently deleted my bottom main panel.

I was able to create a new one but I can't seem to get it to look and perform the same. Is there a way to reset it to like it was originally?

macklenc
December 8th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Okay, so you've recreated the main panel and added all of your settings and the menu doesn't work the way it did. Unless you missed a setting along the way the only way I know of resetting the main menu settings is to re-install the OS, I am pretty sure there is a easier and quicker way, but I don't know it.

philinux
December 8th, 2009, 08:04 PM
I was moving a picture to the trash but dropped it on the panel instead and it did some really weird things. In the process of trying to correct this problem, I accidently deleted my bottom main panel.

I was able to create a new one but I can't seem to get it to look and perform the same. Is there a way to reset it to like it was originally?

Open and terminal and use.

killall gnome-panel

That will restart the panel.
You should be able to add back the bottom panel applets.

However to really get it back to default.
http://www.celsius1414.com/2006/08/31/how-to-reset-gnome-panel-to-default-in-ubuntugnome2

dbuehler
December 8th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Thanks Phil. I tried the link you suggested and all is back to normal now.