PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Identify DRM files

thelawoffives
December 8th, 2009, 10:09 AM
I have a bunch of music files all jumbled up in a series of directories and subdirectories. A chunk of these files are DRM protected m4a and wma files (that I bought). I am doing some scripted file cleanup, and for various reasons, I want to separate out these files.

So, what I need is a method to traverse the directory structure, identify each DRM file and mv it to new directory. Even a command that would return an error that I could parse with perl when invoked on a DRM file would be great.

Also, if you have a thread with anything like this to point me to, that would be great. I searched around, but got mostly sites pushing DRM removal tools, which I am not interested in.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Henry Flower
December 8th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I don't know about the WMA files, but don't mp4 files with DRM have the m4p file extension? Then you can find them by searching for .m4p with Places>Search for Files.

thelawoffives
December 8th, 2009, 07:46 PM
All of my files from iTunes seem to have the m4a extension, and should be protected. I searched through the dirs looking for m4p, but nothing came up, and I ran a search looking for a few files that I can remember purchasing, and they have the m4a extension.