PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Flash Facebook apps off-center on Firefox

divabat
December 7th, 2009, 10:56 PM
I have Ubuntu 9.10 and Firefox 3.5.5 .

Quite a number of Flash-based Facebook applications (like Farmville and Petville) end up off-center. Loading screens and pop-up dialogs appear on the top left corner, with most of the information cut off. I can't move the screen around to see what's been cut off. This does affect play as I can't press certain buttons or see what's going on.

Is this unique to Ubuntu/Firefox? Is this more a Facebook question? I've tried Googling but didn't get any answers so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

bobofett
December 31st, 2009, 10:02 AM
Well if it's any consolation, I'm having exactly the same problem as you, and only very recently. Which suggests either an Ubuntu update fudged things up, or a FB update fudged things up.

Funny thing is I have a Copy of Linux Mint running on another computer in the house, and the flash games work just fine there. Which suggest to me, that it is indeed a Ubuntu problem. It's certainly not a FB problem because it works fine on every non-Ubuntu computer I try, and everyone I ask says it's working fine for them, well except for a few Ubuntu people I do know, but they don't play the games much so they don't care. They just need the flash to play sites that have Flash video players.

I was using Gnash for a bit, but it was just not working with lot's of the sites that have flash video, so I found some suggestions to switch back to actual Flash, I did this a good half year ago or more. Everything has been working fine...video sites, FB games, until about 3 or 4 weeks ago or so.

Maybe it's just a FF thing. I should download Opera and try it there. Scratch that just did. There I can see the whole screen but it's a bit smaller than it should be, but the real problem is the area where you click on something is far away from the actual graphic that's supposed to be clicked to making the games impossible to play in a whole different way.

So it does appear at to be at least mostly a Flash on Ubuntu problem.

UforumMeforum
October 21st, 2010, 04:15 AM
I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid), Firefox 3.6.10, and the Farmville/Potville apps are still messed up, with the bottom section of the play screen cut off. There's no way to zoom in/out or do full-screen, or any command from down there except Visit Neighbors(Friends), and that text link is *just barely* reachable.

If I try this on a MacBook or Windows running Firefox, everything works fine, so it appears Flash on Firefox on Ubuntu is still messed up.

Hurufrufu
October 21st, 2010, 08:21 AM
Did you set the website facebook.com to allow flash on the global setting?
Maybe that is the problem. For me it worked.
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager06.html