PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Amarok problem!

wanna_try
December 7th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Hi guys!

4 example - i need to play mp3 file and use amarok as they, liers, said " It makes playing the music you love and discovering new music easier than ever before - and it looks good doing it! "
Look what the problem I've faced with.
First - it is not playing stream as well as eg winamp or wmplayer in windows.
It is not playing stream as itunes.
This piece of snit just stopped then i drag and dropped list of stream radio on it! OK. May be it is "seeing of developers". BUT why this faithfull pleer do not show the name of station like they saved in m3u list? Why i need to use another program to look at this list in text mode and recognize the name of the radio station with something look like http:\\blablabla:8051 ??
And tell me - why it is so difficult to find intuite solution for this simle trouble.
Look like amarok play mp3 files
I need first of all start it if it is not started - There's no right click and choose "play in amarok"
I need to open this stuff
I need to find folder with music in hierararararchy (hm... it's so easy to find folder you want to use if you have more than 2 Tb of this, or use an network MP3warehouse
I need to open this folder - select all - drag and drop -
And after all it is not playing...
FOOOHhh

I need just click and choose play.
NOT SO MANY ACTIONS TO PLAY SOME MUSIC DURING MY WORK.

lisati
December 7th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Whoa! Slow down please! And stand by for a flood of responses along the lines of "Use what works for you!".

While we appreciate your frustration, getting abusive isn't likely to make people want to help you.

the.phantom
December 7th, 2009, 08:54 PM
do you want help or just bitching?

you might get replies if you ask for help

SuperSonic4
December 7th, 2009, 08:56 PM
So what's the problem?

LuisGMarine
December 7th, 2009, 08:56 PM
To play MP3's and more, you need the gstreamer codecs.

First Click on Applications > Ubuntu Software Center

Once there type in gstreamer in the search box, and install codec labeled "GStreamer Extra Plugins."

Good luck, and try not be nicer! Ubuntu is great, just takes patience and time. :popcorn:

SuperSonic4
December 7th, 2009, 08:57 PM
To play MP3's and more, you need the gstreamer codecs.

First Click on Applications > Ubuntu Software Center

Once there type in gstreamer in the search box, and install codec labeled "GStreamer Extra Plugins."

Good luck, and try not be nicer! Ubuntu is great, just takes patience and time. :popcorn:

Amarok usually uses the xine backend

Artificial Intelligence
December 7th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Thread edited.
If you want help, don't use abusive or aggressive language. It's okay to be irritated or frustrated, but this is a family friendly forum.

Thanks.

regards
A.I. Dude
Ubuntu Forum Staff

LuisGMarine
December 7th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Amarok usually uses the xine backend

Ah yes very true! In that case open up terminal by going to Applications > Accessories > Terminal and type this in

sudo apt-get install libxine1-ffmpeg

This should work! Let us know! :popcorn:

wanna_try
December 9th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Try all solution you've posted. May be something helped... I stay on my vista, and use ubuntu anly for development issues
And .. don't you all think you are most cleverest? thank you for brainstorming, next time if I' ll need to find how to use notepad in *snix I may be ask you.
Huh!

LuisGMarine
December 9th, 2009, 12:11 PM
So does it work now or no? If it did make sure you mark this thread as being solved =)

wanna_try
December 9th, 2009, 05:16 PM
1 The trouble is not solved yet.
2 Nobody could really enjoy in this.
I think it's 'couse of it is really not handy, as you advert this on sites

Artificial Intelligence
December 9th, 2009, 05:20 PM
You could try this by getting the latest of Amarok (note, usually not recommended to new users, as it may not be stable, but you could give it a try) and see if it makes it easier;

http://www.kubuntu.org/faq/PPA-keys

OldGoat58
December 9th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Boy! And I thought I was bad. This person makes me look serene! BTW! Loving my Ubuntu! Learning and growing daily! I'm going to try your suggestions posted here to see if I can get Amorok to work for me. I tried it before I switched to the 32 bit install of Karmic and it just sped right on through the tracks like it was on fast forward, nary a sound did it make.

I'll post my results in a more friendly thread.

Thanks!
Mike
Fairless Hills, PA ;)

wanna_try
December 11th, 2009, 10:08 AM
хахаха

wanna_try
April 30th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Hi.
I need to say that I like lucid lynx.
It really better than previous.

fruitcakes
June 10th, 2010, 07:24 AM
But, nobody ever told him where to find the files? Where did Amarok send them and can I set the options in amarok to put the files where I WANT THEM?