PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] removing apparmor

SSzretter
December 7th, 2009, 02:01 PM
so I did a sudo apt-get remove apparmor* and also update-rc.d apparmor remove, and even deleted some directories that were related to apparmor, and I am still getting a message at boot :
chroot: cannot execute /etc/apparmor/initramfs: No such file or directory

Where do I find this reference and get rid of it to eliminate the error?

iponeverything
December 7th, 2009, 02:24 PM
try a

sudo dpkg --purge apparmor

MelDJ
December 7th, 2009, 02:34 PM
or uninstall it from synaptic

openuniverse
December 7th, 2009, 02:39 PM

JamesParnell
December 7th, 2009, 04:00 PM
i dont even know what it is....

SSzretter
December 7th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Ok, this is frustrating - I almost have it working - I added apparmor=0 to my grub config, and blacklist apparmor to my blacklist.conf, and a couple times it worked - during boot it said it was blacklisted and did not load. However it is back to trying to load again.

I have the same problem with some other modules, for example the ones that begin with 'snd', I want to get rid of that can cant....

Seems like there should be a simple way to do this...??

NHclimber
March 21st, 2010, 06:55 AM
so I did a sudo apt-get remove apparmor* and also update-rc.d apparmor remove, and even deleted some directories that were related to apparmor, and I am still getting a message at boot :
chroot: cannot execute /etc/apparmor/initramfs: No such file or directory

Where do I find this reference and get rid of it to eliminate the error?

It's because there's a script in your initrd image that is trying to 'chroot /etc/apparmor/initramfs'. The offender is /etc/initramfs-tools/scripts/init-bottom/_apparmor. To get rid of it, you have to know how to rebuild the Ubuntu kernel or edit an initrd image.

SSzretter
March 21st, 2010, 01:25 PM
Thanks for replying, this became less of a priority, but it is good to know what it would take.

trevelyn
March 31st, 2010, 05:58 PM
If you remove it, you need to update your initramfs. I did this:

1. created custom kernel and got rid of apparmor (optional)

2. to remove it:
apt-get purge apparmor
3. to get rid of config folder:
rm -rf /etc/apparmor*
4. to not try to load removed apparmor script:
update-initramfs -u

And it was all gone. In your case, you may simply need to do the update-initramfs and that's it. I'd recommend making backups before doing any of these steps!

~douglas