PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] half spaces

corncob
December 7th, 2009, 02:02 AM
Does anybody know how to create a half space -- half of what you get with the space bar? I just have a line I need to center and its one letter shorter than the ones above and below it.

The Eight-Bit Link
December 7th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Try setting the font size to half of what you are using.

iMisspell
December 7th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Could it be the first particular character of the line rather then a space and its creating an illusion ?

What program are you typing into ?

_

corncob
December 7th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I just wanted to copy deathbyswiftwind's bunny for use at Easter:

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

It does look better on his posts ( http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1343474 ), as if the middle line had a half space on each side. What prompted this post was how bad it looked when I copied it to Tomboy Notes -- all left justified and the middle line needed to be half spaced over. I should have asked him but I thought it would be taking the thread off on a tangent.

iMisspell
December 8th, 2009, 07:20 AM
There is your answer...

...all left justified..
In the link, the "text" is centered with the center tag

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

like that...

_

The_Pirate_King
December 8th, 2009, 07:27 AM
There is your answer...

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

like that...

_
Your could also put a box around the bunny and center it within the box, if you want to position it on either side of the signature.

<div align="left"><div align="center" style="width: 60px; height: 60px">(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)</div></div>Should give you a bunny that is lined up properly, yet is on the left side of the signature. Might require some tinkering though.

corncob
December 8th, 2009, 03:20 PM
There is your answer...

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

like that...

_

Thanks! I'll mark the thread as solved. I know I used half spaces in the past but it was so long ago it was probably on a typewriter.