PDA

View Full Version : [kde] Primary screen black on logon with slideshow wallpaper

brettrandall
December 7th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Hi all

I recently upgraded to Kubuntu 9.10. After upgrading, my slideshow wallpaper doesn't work quite right. I have dual-screens with an NVidia card (configured as one display with TwinView). Both screens have a Slideshow type wallpaper selected in Desktop Settings. The right (secondary) screen works perfectly. The left (primary) screen appears black when you login.

If I right-click the primary desktop screen and go to Desktop Settings, it shows the slideshow settings with a preview. If I then make a minor change (e.g. put a name on the desktop and erase it again) then hit Apply, the background changes from black to one of the slideshow images. After about 5-10 seconds, it changes to the next image, then waits the configured 10 minutes before changing again and is then underway.

The secondary screen works fine from the minute I login. And if I only run with one screen, my primary (the same one that didn't work when in TwinView) then works fine.

I have no idea where to start looking!! Any clues?

Brett.