PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to switch workspace in KDE like you can in GNOME

pbidwell
December 6th, 2009, 10:58 PM
I am trying out KDE, and it seems to work well, except that I can't figure out how to edit the keyboard shortcuts to allow me to change the workspaces with CTRL+ALT+[directional arrow]. I know we can switch them with CTRL + F#, but I would much rather use the directional arrows, as I have to look down at the keyboard to use the F# keys. I did not find any threads that actually solved this problem, so if anyone has found a helpful thread or solution, please tell me!

Thanks

aveightor
December 7th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Kmenu, System settings, Keyboard and Mouse, Global Keyboard Shortcuts, for KDE component select Kwin Scroll down click on Switch to Desktop 1 select Custom and click in the box right next to Custom. You can enter just about any key combo there.

diaa
December 7th, 2009, 12:29 AM
You can change the shortcuts by doing the following:

Open KMenu
Select System settings
Go to 'Keyboard and Mouse' then 'Global Keyboard Shortcuts'
In the KDE Component chose KWin
Change the shortcut 'Switch One Desktop to the Left' and 'Switch One Desktop to the Right' to the shortcuts you like.

Apply and it should work right away.

pbidwell
December 8th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Thanks to both of you, your instructions were flawless and it worked perfectly.
Thanks again!

COKEDUDE
January 27th, 2011, 02:10 AM
Thank you for this.

ua4192
February 22nd, 2012, 12:24 PM
Hello all.

If I want to apply these canges via Command Line Interfaz or via changing config file, is it possible?.

Thanks a lot for your support.

oldos2er
February 22nd, 2012, 06:07 PM
Closed, necromancy. Please start a new thread for your question.