PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Cannot load tge Xfce desktop

Rocafort8
December 6th, 2009, 05:50 PM
When I login an user and the desktop is loading, the screen flashes and the login screen appears again.

I tried to login with Xterm but it also doesn't work.

Some time ago, I had a similar problem, but then I could login with Xterm and init the desktop with xfce-panel ( or something like that ) and "magicaly" the problem was solved one day ( not sure if it is something related with this ).

I don't know what logs should I post to report this bug .

ibuclaw
December 6th, 2009, 06:00 PM
When I login an user and the desktop is loading, the screen flashes and the login screen appears again.

I tried to login with Xterm but it also doesn't work.

Some time ago, I had a similar problem, but then I could login with Xterm and init the desktop with xfce-panel ( or something like that ) and "magicaly" the problem was solved one day ( not sure if it is something related with this ).

I don't know what logs should I post to report this bug .

Log into a black console (via Ctrl+Alt+F1) and create a new user to see if the problem follows.

sudo adduser testuser
Once done, switch back to the login screen (via Ctrl+Alt+F7) and login with the testuser.

Regards
Iain

Rocafort8
December 6th, 2009, 06:17 PM
I tried that but I still can't login.
I also noticed that the icon which appears in the login screen is different and is a command console icon ( when it worked the icon was the xubuntu logo ).

Rocafort8
December 6th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Ok, I found the problem.

The problem appears when I try to login and i'm very short of free space. I make apt-get autoremove to make some free space and then I logged without problems.