PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Streaming ASF on Firefox stop itself after few mins

oceantin
December 5th, 2009, 10:38 PM
I stream a asf file from an Internet radio. The website requires log in before the streaming. I use firefox with totem plug in. Every time I play it, it plays for a few mins then stop automatically. I am sure it's not the problem of the website, as I have two other laptops that can stream the same file without any problem. I can also stream other files such as mov, mp3 without problems on this laptop. Only the asf file stop after few mins. I have to play it manually and fast forward every time.

I have that problem with 9.04 upgrade to 9.10, so I thought it's because of the upgrade. Then I tried a clean install of 9.10, but the problem persist. My other two laptops work fine, only this laptop not working??

Any idea?? Thank you.

oceantin
December 6th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Anyone have the same problem?? I have four computers, 3 laptops and 1 desktop. One laptop and the desktop have the problem. Only streaming asf from a website stop automatically. What have I done wrong?

Ringi
December 6th, 2009, 03:36 AM
You can check System Monitor,
or open Vlc in Terminal and show the output:

vlc

HappyFeet
December 6th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Try using the mozilla-mplayer plugin.

oceantin
December 6th, 2009, 08:14 AM
I used MPlayer-plugin but the same problem appear. I really don't know why. I just clean installed 9.10 again but it didn't make it better.

oceantin
December 6th, 2009, 08:15 AM
You can check System Monitor,
or open Vlc in Terminal and show the output:

I haven't installed vlc yet. Can you tell me how does it related to the problem?
Thanks.

Ringi
December 6th, 2009, 11:08 AM
I haven't installed vlc yet. Can you tell me how does it related to the problem?
Thanks.

No, you also do:

totem

oceantin
December 6th, 2009, 06:06 PM
No, you also do:

The website requires log in to play the asf file, so I have to play it on firefox. I can't see any output. I tried to copy the address and then paste it on the totem player, but it didn't allow me to play.

I just did the update, but didn't change anything.