PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nautilus still drawing the wallpaper?

carlinuxlearner
December 5th, 2009, 06:17 AM
I'm trying to set my wallpaper to be a screen saver (via this command: "/usr/lib/xscreensaver/glmatrix -root").

However, after unchecking "show-desktop" (in gconf-editor /apps/nautilus/preferences/show_desktop) it still displays the wallpaper I had before, and the command to set the screensaver as my wallpaper does nothing (at least, nothing that I can see).

Now, a few things you might like to know:
1. I'm running compiz-fusion.
2. If I set compiz to draw the wallpapers, it does. However I happen to have a transparent image as my top menu bar, and through the image, you can still see the old wallpaper (drawn by nautilus), so clearly, something is still drawing that image even though compiz is puting an image over it.

So, what is still drawing that wallpaper on my desktop even though I turned it off? And how can I fix it?

carlinuxlearner
December 18th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Um... bump.

(come on folks, surely I'm not the only one)

HHristov
January 8th, 2010, 10:05 PM
I have a similar problem. I have multiple workspaces and I've set different wallpapers on each one with ccsm. When i set the top and bottom panels' transparency to 0 i see the wallpaper set from nautilus. Is there a way to fix this?

wlourf
January 9th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Did you try to run nautilus with the no-desktop option :

nautilus --no-desktop

HHristov
January 9th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Did you try to run nautilus with the no-desktop option :

nautilus --no-desktop

I just tried that and nothing happened except that one of my desklets and the desktop icons disappeared. Checking the show desktop option through gconf-editor>apps>nautilus>preferences didn't return them.

Edit: I managed to return my desktop icons but the InfoPanel desklet is still missing. Is there a command that can undo the nautilus --no-desktop command?