PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Monitors occasionally will not turn off when idle

vytalelementz
December 5th, 2009, 04:37 AM
Hello all,

I tried the google world and multiple forums to research for a solution to my issue but no luck at all, which is kind of surprising, so I'm resorting to start a thread here.

Here's my issue, occasionally my monitors will not automatically shut off when idle. For the most part the screensaver will kick off as scheduled. It used to work just fine until, out of curiosity, I installed xscreensaver. I decided that I would just stick with gnome-screensaver, so I purged xscreensaver and auto removed other components it installed as a dependency. I also tried just completely uninstalling gnome-screensaver and gnome-power-management packages and reinstalled them to see if that would do the trick. I thought it worked until a week later, this started happening again.

I would like to have some suggestions on how I can approach this issue to resolve. Are there log files I can research to see what is going on exactly when gnome kicks off the screensaver and monitor shutdown process? Any help is appreciated.