PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Help with 'One-Click Compiz Disable/Enable'

Excedio
December 4th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Hey Everyone..since remote access is pretty much broken while compiz is enabled, I've started searching for a way to disable/enable compiz with a single click.

I stumbled onto this (http://seysayux.wordpress.com/2008/11/09/enable-or-disable-compiz-with-one-click/)blog and it seems that the author has created a bash script that will do the trick. Can someone please confirm for me that this procedure is valid is not going to wipe my hard drive or something? It looks good to me, but I'm not a script writer.

Also, if you know of a better way of doing this, please let me know.

Shpongle
December 4th, 2009, 01:06 AM
yep it looks ok! , just quickly ran over it , but as long as you dont see sudo or rm anywhere your usually ok

Excedio
December 4th, 2009, 01:09 AM
yep it looks ok! , just quickly ran over it , but as long as you dont see sudo or rm anywhere your usually ok

Cool thanks for checking it out. :-)

I'm gonna hold of for about an hour or so to see if anyone has a better idea before I try this one. :-)

Excedio
December 4th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Well the script didn't work like I was expecting it to. Can anyone help me out?

I'm looking for a script that I can run as a program. So that once I've remotely connected to my computer, I can run the program and all 3d effects/compositing will disable. Then if I run the program again, it will re-enable compositing.

Can anyone help?

Excedio
December 8th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Solved using a different Method. Thanks anyway guys.