PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Gedit uninstalled, causing other issues

sports fan Matt
December 3rd, 2009, 07:45 PM
I accidently uninstalled gedit. When this occured I got gedit:
Depends: python-gtksourceview2 but it is not going to be installed while trying to reinstall it. This also uninstalled ubuntu-desktop. Is there a way to reinstall Gedit without totally borking my machine?

python-gtksourceview2 gives me: python-gtksourceview2:
Depends: python2.5-gtk2 but it is not installable

DougieFresh4U
December 3rd, 2009, 08:03 PM
I accidently uninstalled gedit. When this occured I got gedit:
Depends: python-gtksourceview2 but it is not going to be installed while trying to reinstall it. This also uninstalled ubuntu-desktop. Is there a way to reinstall Gedit without totally borking my machine?

I did the same exact thing a few days ago. I didn't reboot until after updates later in the day that fixed all up real nice nice.

sports fan Matt
December 3rd, 2009, 08:10 PM
Ok, i'll just wait. Mine I assume was caused by i think trying to uninstall things like certain python apps and tomboy and ttf extras i didnt want.

alphacrucis2
December 3rd, 2009, 10:35 PM
Ok, i'll just wait. Mine I assume was caused by i think trying to uninstall things like certain python apps and tomboy and ttf extras i didnt want.

I don't think that is the reason. Anyone doing an update followed by a dist-upgrade will find it wants to remove gedit and python-gtksourceview2 at the moment. It's because of package dependencies in the repos. Best to do a safe-upgrade.

sports fan Matt
December 3rd, 2009, 10:37 PM
I have now lost (as in not showing up: adminstration menu: everything except software center, and no preferences menu. What was in the preferences menu, anyone have a list? And I have 2 firefox menu entries. One for Shiretoko and one for Firefox 3.5. :confused: What the heck happened?

nperry
December 3rd, 2009, 10:51 PM
I have now lost (as in not showing up: adminstration menu: everything except software center, and no preferences menu. What was in the preferences menu, anyone have a list? And I have 2 firefox menu entries. One for Shiretoko and one for Firefox 3.5. :confused: What the heck happened?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1344744

Bug has been raised, assigned and in progress!

sports fan Matt
December 3rd, 2009, 11:04 PM
Phew! I hadnt had a ton of time to check these things out today :)

sports fan Matt
December 4th, 2009, 12:35 AM
So to upgrade now: sudo aptitude safe-upgrade?

nystire
December 5th, 2009, 07:11 AM
It appears to be fixed now. Try to reinstall it (and ubuntu-desktop while you are at it :) ).

sports fan Matt
December 6th, 2009, 05:12 AM
After having issues with my computer I think Im finally back but time will tell. All the updates plus a reinstall of ubuntu desktop have seemed to work.