PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Running mac classic on ubuntu 9.04

FrollicksWithBunnies
December 3rd, 2009, 08:05 AM
hey i have a game for mac called star trek elite force i have played and loved since it came out, but i recently switched to ubuntu and i was wondering if there was any way to run this game made for classic mac on my linux machine, iv tried looking for mac emulators with little to no luck and i cant find any torrents for the game that would run on my system (also im running ubuntu on a dell inspiron not an apple)

the_waka
December 3rd, 2009, 01:43 PM
You could install virtualbox (sudo apt-get install virtualbox-ose) and torrent an old copy of OSX from torrentreactor or piratebay.
install the OSX OS to a virtual disk in virtualbox, enable network leeching (so the virtualbox can use host interface), share the folder containing the game on your local machine, and it will appear in the network shares section on your virtual machine...

gadolinio
December 3rd, 2009, 04:13 PM
You could install virtualbox (sudo apt-get install virtualbox-ose) and torrent an old copy of OSX from torrentreactor or piratebay.
install the OSX OS to a virtual disk in virtualbox, enable network leeching (so the virtualbox can use host interface), share the folder containing the game on your local machine, and it will appear in the network shares section on your virtual machine...

+1 to virtualization