PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Problem with tomboy notes sync

Cowboybebop79
December 1st, 2009, 05:51 PM
Just checked the Ubuntu Wiki on how to sync tomboy notes on Ubuntu one and was going through the steps when it asked me to add a new computer.

I have already been using Ubuntu One to sync files and I have both my Ubuntu computers added already. Is this a beta problem or is there something I'm not doing right.

Thanks for any help in advance.

joshuahoover
December 2nd, 2009, 08:26 PM
Just checked the Ubuntu Wiki on how to sync tomboy notes on Ubuntu one and was going through the steps when it asked me to add a new computer.

I have already been using Ubuntu One to sync files and I have both my Ubuntu computers added already. Is this a beta problem or is there something I'm not doing right.

Thanks for any help in advance.

This is confusing, but you do need to add your computer again specifically for syncing Tomboy notes with Ubuntu One.

Thank you,

Joshua

Cowboybebop79
December 3rd, 2009, 09:33 PM
Thanks Joshua for the reply

Sorry for any confusion. I was just checking if it was a bug or this was meant to happen. I can see that each of the computers has a unique serial number so each software that connects with Ubuntu one will have its own number. I presume the best way of naming the connections would be dave-laptop-files, dave-laptop-notes etc... so that later if you want to delete a computer you have linked you know what program the link is for. I can see how this could be confusing for a new user of the system. Just a suggestion that this may be added to the "add computer page" to make it clearer what is happening eg. "add new link to X software on X Computer"
and suggest a naming convention like the above examples.

I can see that it was you who wrote the Wiki so if any of this sounds stupid just tell me. I just feel that I have got a cool operating system for nothing the least I can do is provide some feedback. O:)

Thanks again.

Allan

merry_meerkat
April 15th, 2010, 12:13 PM
I second that opinion.

The wording really confused me, and I wasn't sure at all what would happen if I added the same computer again...

joshuahoover
April 15th, 2010, 09:36 PM
I second that opinion.

The wording really confused me, and I wasn't sure at all what would happen if I added the same computer again...

I added a note to the step where you add your computer (again) to your Ubuntu One account noting that you have to do this again and it's best to put something like "Tomboy" in the computer name so it can be distinguished from other entries.

Thank you,

Joshua

Cowboybebop79
April 25th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Thank you Joshua I might take a gander at the Ubuntu documentation team on launchpad to see if I can lend a hand.

All the best

Allan

joshuahoover
April 27th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Thank you Joshua I might take a gander at the Ubuntu documentation team on launchpad to see if I can lend a hand.

All the best

Allan

Thank you for the feedback! I'm about to go in and give all the tutorials a major overhaul.

Thank you,

Joshua