PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] UbuntuOne on 8.04 LTS heron?

woodnymph
November 28th, 2009, 08:09 PM
i know the support suggests 9.04 or higher, but i wonder if it will run on hardy? anyone tried or know anything? thx

joshuahoover
November 30th, 2009, 07:08 PM
i know the support suggests 9.04 or higher, but i wonder if it will run on hardy? anyone tried or know anything? thx

We don't officially support Hardy. Someone could potentially try to backport, but the Ubuntu One team supports 9.04 and up.

Thank you,

Joshua

TyTiger
January 23rd, 2010, 09:41 PM
Maybe you/they should considering 8.04 is an LTS and well the new ubuntu versions suck meatballs in my experience. constant crashes and bugs and well you get the picture.

tgalati4
January 23rd, 2010, 10:48 PM
mmmh, meatballs.

joshuahoover
January 25th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Maybe you/they should considering 8.04 is an LTS and well the new ubuntu versions suck meatballs in my experience. constant crashes and bugs and well you get the picture.

Sorry to hear you've experienced so many problems with newer versions of Ubuntu. As you probably already know, Lucid (10.04) is going to be the next LTS and Ubuntu One will standard there.

Thank you,

Joshua

R33D3M33R
January 28th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Well, the 8.04 LTS will be EOL in April 2011. Many people, that are currently unsatisfied with KDE 4, will still use it. Why don't you backport it? The competition (dropbox, spideroak) for example supports even ubuntu 7.10!

joshuahoover
February 1st, 2010, 04:22 PM
Well, the 8.04 LTS will be EOL in April 2011. Many people, that are currently unsatisfied with KDE 4, will still use it. Why don't you backport it? The competition (dropbox, spideroak) for example supports even ubuntu 7.10!

We aren't supporting 8.04 or earlier mainly due to all the new dependencies that would need to be backported as well to provide support for notes, bookmarks, and contacts syncing in addition to files. We'd love help someone else do the backporting but are focusing on current and future versions of Ubuntu for the time being.

Thanks,

Joshua