PDA

View Full Version : New project idea--feedback needed

hoboy
November 27th, 2009, 04:20 PM
I am thinking of starting a little project where I will use/develop an application based on google earth, google map, and maybe google street or maybe more, I don't know yet.
deploy it on ubuntu -cloud or GoogleAppEngine..
so I can monitor my house or the street on the internet.

I am crasy ? :)

Paul41
November 27th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Wouldn't that make it where other people could also monitor your house? Sounds like a good way to let people know when you are gone.

hoboy
November 27th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Wouldn't that make it where other people could also monitor your house? Sounds like a good way to let people know when you are gone.

My friend I am thinking of making some securities, that you should login into the application.

Virtual Liberty
November 27th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Wouldn't it be easier and safer to get a security camera ?

hoboy
November 27th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Wouldn't it be easier and safer to get a security camera ?

ha ha ha yyyyeeeeeessssssss
but the main think is just to do some google map, earth , geo programming, uhhhhhhhhhhh it seemed like i have put it wrong.
I am wandering if one make an application using these google project and use it as real time data.

lisati
November 27th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Just a thought: it wouldn't be enough to use Google's "street view", as it isn't updated in real time.

hoboy
November 27th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Just a thought: it wouldn't be enough to use Google's "street view", as it isn't updated in real time.

That is why I have posted in this forum because they many able people who can enlight me.

lisati
November 27th, 2009, 08:46 PM
My thought would to invest in a security camera, and figure out some way of monitoring it remotely.

hoboy
November 27th, 2009, 08:49 PM
My thought would to invest in a security camera, and figure out some way of monitoring it remotely.

I see what you mean,I am trying to see if it can be done by mean coding some google projects.
I have some small hollidays and I want to code...
jesus I sound like ......