PDA

View Full Version : brasero and compiz are kept back for some time

zika
November 27th, 2009, 09:32 AM
The following packages have been kept back:
brasero compiz-core compiz-gnome compiz-plugins libbrasero-media0
For compiz apt(itude) suggests removing compiz-wrapper.
Any ideas?

yelo3
November 27th, 2009, 10:20 AM
for sure compiz can be upgraded without problems, but I think that for brasero we need to wait

zika
November 27th, 2009, 10:31 AM
for sure compiz can be upgraded without problems, but I think that for brasero we need to waitLet it uninstall compiz-wrapper?

jppr
November 27th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Let it uninstall compiz-wrapper?

update your system in synaptic and everything goes rightway... :popcorn:

philinux
November 27th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Let it uninstall compiz-wrapper?

Yes.

zika
November 27th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Yes.Done.

zika
November 27th, 2009, 03:44 PM
update your system in synaptic and everything goes rightway... :popcorn:Synaptic is a slippery road for testing period ... in Karmic testing that was a recipe for ... let's say problems ... I use aptutude safe-upgrade ...

jppr
November 27th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Synaptic is a slippery road for testing period ... in Karmic testing that was a recipe for ... let's say problems ... I use aptutude safe-upgrade ...

Synaptic do update always safeway. i have use it now 2 years and i donīt need think any partial upgrade system or can i update system now,
and updates come from mainserver and i use proposed packages without any problems.

zika
November 27th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Synaptic do update always safeway. i have use it now 2 years and i donīt need think any partial upgrade system or can i update system now.I choose to disagree. Just take a look at discussions we had while testing Karmic. The only way to be safe with Synaptic is to refuse any upgrade when it wants to remove something. That is just my opinion...

yelo3
November 27th, 2009, 10:37 PM
That's not true, you have to read package changelogs to understand if a package can be removed safely.

zika
November 27th, 2009, 10:45 PM
That's not true, you have to read package changelogs to understand if a package can be removed safely.Changelogs were unavailable at the time I posted my question. I do check them whenever such a situation arises. I do read lucid development mailing list messages regularly... OK, I do not want to repeat the whole thread we had when testing Karmic ...

Amaranth
November 28th, 2009, 12:02 AM
compiz-wrapper is no longer used (I wrote the important bits right into the C code) so that is fine to remove. I know you already did but I just wanted to make sure the information was out there.

zika
November 28th, 2009, 07:49 AM
compiz-wrapper is no longer used (I wrote the important bits right into the C code) so that is fine to remove. I know you already did but I just wanted to make sure the information was out there.Thank You.