PDA

View Full Version : epiphany browser won't install on amd64

ronacc
November 24th, 2009, 06:14 AM
When I try to install epiphany it has missing dependencies , or more correctly it has dependencies that have missing dependencies .

SevenMachines
November 24th, 2009, 09:31 AM
gobject-introspection packages are being migrated to a new set of package names (gir1-*). so there might be a number of problematic dependencies while everything is updated.
if you need epiphany-browser just now while dependent packages are updated, you can install the previous version of libseed0 (2.28.0-1) (http://ftp.acc.umu.se/ubuntu/pool/universe/s/seed/), the current one, 2.28.0-2, is the unsatisfiable dependency package here, then epiphany will be installable.

ronacc
November 24th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the reply , Yes its gir1-curl that is plugging up the works here . I use Opera as my main browser so no problem I just found it amusing that epiphany is the gnome browser and its the one that won't install .

Camilia
February 4th, 2010, 01:49 AM
Did you get epiphany to work? I want to use it. I downloaded but it is no where to be found.

ronacc
February 4th, 2010, 02:06 AM
yes epiphany has been working fine , when you say you downloaded it do you mean installed it , if you installed it from the repos , it should show up in application>internet .