PDA

View Full Version : Why don't we all...

megamania
February 20th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Why don't we all enter in our profile the city/state we live in?

It's interesting to see where in the world people are located!

Derek Djons
February 20th, 2006, 10:07 AM
If I'm correct there are already several threads about where we all are from. Do a search I suggest :)

manicka
February 20th, 2006, 10:07 AM
It's interesting to see where in the world people are located!

hovering somewhere above or below ~/

el3ktro
February 20th, 2006, 10:09 AM
I'm doing this ever since ;-)

Tom

megamania
February 20th, 2006, 10:10 AM
If I'm correct there are already several threads about where we all are from. Do a search I suggest :)

Right, but it's nice to be able to see that your reply comes from the Netherlands. I wouldn't do a search to find that out... :-)

rubinstein
February 20th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Not so far away from Bologna :-)

Klaidas
February 20th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Lithuania ;)

heimo
February 20th, 2006, 01:41 PM
hovering somewhere above or below ~/ :D We must live close to each other! Ever been to ~/.?

fuscia
February 20th, 2006, 02:55 PM
given some of the hilarity that has come from other people from north carolina, asking about my location, i can't change it. ("where's that there longleaf pine deal?" "uh...you live there too, bubba.")

Stormy Eyes
February 20th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Why don't we all enter in our profile the city/state we live in?

Because I don't need you to know where I live. All you need to know is that I'm an irreligious, long-haired American capitalist pigdog. :)

earobinson
February 20th, 2006, 03:53 PM
I agree with megamania that it is nice to know. But some people like the fact that "on the internet nobody knows your a dog" http://www.ag.gov.au/archived/Sig/images/dale3.jpg

majikstreet
February 20th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Because I don't need you to know where I live. All you need to know is that I'm an irreligious, long-haired American capitalist pigdog. :)
lol. Is that you in your avatar?

anyway, I've had my location in for a while.. for all who don't know, it's near rockville, if you don't know that it's near silver spring. what?! you don't know silver spring!? well, it's maybe a little over a half an hour drive to Washington, DC. Now if you don't know DC, I dunno.

Stormy Eyes
February 20th, 2006, 04:06 PM
lol. Is that you in your avatar?

No, it's the Count of Monte Cristo. :)

Master Shake
February 20th, 2006, 04:32 PM
All anyone needs to know is that you can usually find me, Frylock and Meatwad in Carl's pool.

Oh, and that I'm from Chicago.

All you need to know is that I'm an irreligious, long-haired American capitalist pigdog.

Randian Objectivist?

megamania
February 20th, 2006, 07:07 PM
I agree with megamania that it is nice to know. But some people like the fact that "on the internet nobody knows your a dog"

True, but even if you dare to state where you live, nobody will be able to tell if you're a dog. :-)

Stormy Eyes
February 20th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Randian Objectivist?

Not anymore. I think Rand was mistaken with regard to minarchism vs. anarcho-capitalism. I can get along with Randians, but I find Heinlein's vision of rational anarchism more appealing.

earobinson
February 20th, 2006, 08:19 PM
True, but even if you dare to state where you live, nobody will be able to tell if you're a dog.

true but they will be able to tell your a canadian ... and some may think that that is just as bad. Also some people are scaird of cyber stalkers.

I know I have had some people on the forums say "hey I go to u of t, what year are you in" or "can you stop by and help me with my problem" It dosent bother me, infact I think its kinda cool, but it could bother some people.

I also dont mind when people contact me via IM (jabber/google talk is best) or email.

so yes megamania I understand that you would like it, and im with you in trying to get people to do it but at the end of the day its not an issue im going to push because I understand why people dont want to. At the end of the day i think its most important that people feel safe and that there privacy is respected and if that is what it takes then im ok with it.

mstlyevil
February 20th, 2006, 08:37 PM
I am Guuglebar. I am the Dictator of the planet Utopiana in the galaxy of Zuron. We will crush you mere mortal Earthlings with our death rays.

majikstreet
February 20th, 2006, 09:01 PM
true but they will be able to tell your a canadian ... and some may think that that is just as bad. Also some people are scaird of cyber stalkers.

I know I have had some people on the forums say "hey I go to u of t, what year are you in" or "can you stop by and help me with my problem" It dosent bother me, infact I think its kinda cool, but it could bother some people.

I also dont mind when people contact me via IM (jabber/google talk is best) or email.

so yes megamania I understand that you would like it, and im with you in trying to get people to do it but at the end of the day its not an issue im going to push because I understand why people dont want to. At the end of the day i think its most important that people feel safe and that there privacy is respected and if that is what it takes then im ok with it.
O_O have you ever actually gone to somebodies house and helped them?

fuscia
February 20th, 2006, 09:03 PM
I am Guuglebar. I am the Dictator of the planet Utopiana in the galaxy of Zuron. We will crush you mere mortal Earthlings with our death rays.

no way. we'll kick your *** with our mentos and 2liter bottles of diet coke.

Q. what do you get when you cross a ***** with a french fry?

A. a dictator (b'dump-ching!)

megamania
February 20th, 2006, 09:45 PM
so yes megamania I understand that you would like it,
[...]
At the end of the day i think its most important that people feel safe and that there privacy is respected and if that is what it takes then im ok with it.
I'll tell you what... you convinced me, and I'm going to change my profile from "bologna" to Guugle. ;-)

majikstreet
February 20th, 2006, 10:49 PM
no way. we'll kick your *** with our mentos and 2liter bottles of diet coke.

Q. what do you get when you cross a ***** with a french fry?

A. a dictator (b'dump-ching!)
lol