PDA

View Full Version : MythVideo DVD Ripping (Import DVD) Title auto-populate

pcooley
November 22nd, 2009, 12:04 AM
I've recently upgraded to Mythbuntu 9.10. I recall (maybe incorrectly) that with Mythbuntu 9.04 when the RIP/Transcode menu was displayed it had autofetched the Title of the DVD.

Any advice on how to regain this functionality?

Paul

kratz13
November 22nd, 2009, 01:38 AM
I'm new to this, but is am also wondering about this. When looking at the desktop after exiting the frontend, I can see the title of the CD... Example Hot_Fuzz, but when trying to rip, it shows Unknown.

Chris

dewmanstl
December 28th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I am having the same issue. Any takers??

dannysauer
January 11th, 2010, 04:26 AM
I recall being annoyed at this change (I think it broke in either Intrepid or Jaunty) as well, but I'm not sure what causes it. :) I just hooked a keyboard up. :/

jquintana
January 13th, 2010, 09:30 AM
So there is no fix for this?

myth1914
January 19th, 2010, 03:45 PM
I noticed this as well, and after hours of searching, I resorted to importing with other software.

Another potential related issue, when ripping a DVD (legally of coarse) with the "unknown" title as anything other than iso, transcode hangs. Is anyone else experiencing this?

dannysauer
January 20th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Yes - I've been unable to rip anything for months. I even have several DVDs (that I own) which I've first run though DVDFab on Windows to remove the CSS stuff, and myth's even unable to rip and transcode those. Sometimes it will rip the whole DVD, but hang up about halfway through (when it's done with the DVD and before starting to transcode).

dannysauer
January 21st, 2010, 04:32 AM
As it turns out, transcode is working. I fire up top via an ssh session, and trascode is taking up all the CPU. After a while, it looke like it failed - but actually, the transcode process has created the .avi I expected. The progress bar just doesn't update. Coincidentally, I don't seem to be getting a log file created. The user running the process has permission to write to the /var/log/mythtv directory as well as the temporary location, but there is no "mtd.log" anywhere on the system.