PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] two quick questions on routing

methodtwo
November 21st, 2009, 11:32 PM
Hi There
I have two questions that are not related to each other i though i'd include them in the same thread because one of them only requires a very short answer.
First: is Dijkstra's algorithm, that link-state routing uses some variant of, strictly speaking a dynamic or static routing algorithm?.I'm guessing it's dynamic, but in Andrew Tannenbaum's excellent book on computer networks he hints that it is a static routing algorithm.
Secondly: recently it's taken my pc ages to get a connection from my router.This pc uses wifi for it's link to my router and there are other people in the house who use windows with wifi.I don't think they have changed the password for the router.Every time the machine boots after some time it prompts me for the password and then after i enter the generated key it gets a connection. It takes ages after i enter the key to get a connection even though it should, obviously, remember this key.It doesn't give me a connection if i enter just the password that was used to generate the WEP key.
What should be done?
regards methodtwo

methodtwo
November 21st, 2009, 11:35 PM
The title of these questions is misleading i know because the second question may not be related to routing.Sorry for this error!