PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Different users, different accounts ?

Hagar55
November 21st, 2009, 04:37 PM
If I have multiple users on my computer, can I give them a seperate launchpad account and by doing so create different Ubuntu One accounts for the different users ?

Will this work or will there be problems with the computer that's added to multiple accounts ?

joshuahoover
November 24th, 2009, 03:13 PM
If I have multiple users on my computer, can I give them a seperate launchpad account and by doing so create different Ubuntu One accounts for the different users ?

Will this work or will there be problems with the computer that's added to multiple accounts ?

You can have multiple users on your computer and give them each an Ubuntu One account. This should work without any issues.

Thank you,

Joshua

corncob
November 24th, 2009, 04:58 PM
You can have multiple users on your computer and give them each an Ubuntu One account. This should work without any issues.

Thank you,

Joshua

Then somebody could give himself 25 different usernames and get himself 50 GB of clouds without paying lol? Just a theoretical question -- I haven't figured out what to do with the 2 GB I just signed up for.

joshuahoover
November 25th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Then somebody could give himself 25 different usernames and get himself 50 GB of clouds without paying lol? Just a theoretical question -- I haven't figured out what to do with the 2 GB I just signed up for.

In theory, sure. And if a person needs cloud storage on the cheap that bad, then I guess that's the price their paying, to maintain all those logins and split their files across all those accounts. At least we know we have a big fan of the service in that scenario! :-)