PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mobile broadband ZTE MF636 Netcom Norway

satriaulie
November 21st, 2009, 02:35 PM
Hi everyone!
I downloaded and installed Karmic as soon as it was released and I set it up to look and work perfectly.
Realy loved it!!
Then I got myself a mobile broadband dongle from the norwegian provider Netcom after having tried my friends Netcom broadband. He had a dongle from Huawei, or something like that. It worked like a charm!
When I got my own broadbanddongle I soon realized that it wouldn't work as good. Netcom now suplies the ZTE MF636 wich is not supported by Networkmanager as default.
I searched the web for a solution to my problem and found something that looked promising.
After following that instruction my computer wouldn't start up again and freezed after loading Grub.

Now I'm back to using Windows 7 where my mobile broadband works perfectly.

Please someone!!
Fix this problem for all us norwegians using Netcom. I guess there are others aswell. I know the problem has to do with the autorun function on the usb dongle. I fear that it will make transission from Windows to Ubuntu difficult for alot of people.

The best thing would be if there was an official Ubuntu update that would fix the problem, but at least there should be a Deb package that would automate the fix.

All of you guys developing Ubuntu has done a great job making Linux available to those of us who need buttons to click rather than commandlines that we don't understand. So I thing it's important that fixes aswell are packed as Deb.

hotweiss
March 7th, 2010, 09:52 PM
This might help you:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1005910