PDA

View Full Version : Channel number using dot

Barry_IA
November 20th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Hi Folks!

The answer has probably been posted here, just I don't know what to look for. Installed Mythbuntu 9.10 (as new installation vs. upgrade); unable to find where the option is to change the channel display and entry option is. I would like to use the decimal point ('dot') -- 4.1 -- but only seems to allow an underscore -- 4_1. For the display I don't care but for selection on the keyboard easier to use the NumPad's decimal.

Tuner cards are Hauppauge's HVR-2250 and HVR-1600.

TIA!

novellahub
November 20th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I believe the option is there after you add the tuner source for a TV card in mythtv-setup. As long as you did a channel scan at some point before.

Barry_IA
November 23rd, 2009, 01:05 AM
I believe the option is there after you add the tuner source for a TV card in mythtv-setup. As long as you did a channel scan at some point before.

Not finding it here. :( I remember and used the option in a previous version; and yes, pretty sure it was where you described but I'm unable to find it in version 9.10. (In v9.10 the GUI is a little different but essentially the same, with the exception of this option.)

Flecko
November 29th, 2009, 10:39 PM
I had the same problem with 9.10. In 9.04 you could pick the seperator character for channels such as "_" or "." but it appears that this option is gone in 9.10.

What I did was run Mythtv-Backend-Setup from the Services menu and then edit the channel names manually. Pain in the butt, but only has to be done once.

Best of luck!

Barry_IA
November 30th, 2009, 06:37 PM
I had the same problem with 9.10. In 9.04 you could pick the seperator character for channels such as "_" or "." but it appears that this option is gone in 9.10.

What I did was run Mythtv-Backend-Setup from the Services menu and then edit the channel names manually. Pain in the butt, but only has to be done once.

Best of luck!

Hi Flecko!

OK, thanks -- kept on thinking I was missing something somehow. Programmers: please put the option back in with the next upgrade!

azmyth
November 30th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Yup it was removed. I did a rescan and had to change them manually to a - since you cant see the _ on the OSD.

Barry_IA
November 30th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Yup it was removed. I did a rescan and had to change them manually to a - since you cant see the _ on the OSD.

Thanks for verifying this, Azmyth. Using wired and wireless keyboards here, for the time being, anyway. Maybe that option doesn't make a difference with the remotes but does with the keyboards!