PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Only shows Shared with me

Abadon125
November 20th, 2009, 02:21 AM
In the ubuntu one link in the places menu there is only a folder called "Shared with me". How do I view the rest of my files without going through the web browser?

manoriax
November 20th, 2009, 10:56 AM
In case they are files stored on your webspace it should show all of them, after U1 has synced. Start the client and let it connect to the internet, I guess after that all your files will appear on your computer.

joshuahoover
November 24th, 2009, 03:11 PM
In the ubuntu one link in the places menu there is only a folder called "Shared with me". How do I view the rest of my files without going through the web browser?

You should see an "Ubuntu One" folder under "Places", do you not see that? If you go to ~/Ubuntu One/ do you not see any files? I'm guessing you may have uploaded files via the web. If so, you'll want to quit and restart the Ubuntu One client for files from the web to show up. If that doesn't work, please right-click on the Ubuntu One client and select "Report a Problem" and provide as much information as you can about your problem, including the steps you took and any errors you may be receiving.

Thank you,

Joshua

punkybouy
November 28th, 2009, 04:52 PM
The "Shared with Me" folder is where you would go to see files and folders that are shared with you by other users (collaboration is one of the uses) Otherwise you can create a folder on your local PC and then right click it and one of the options is "Share on Ubuntu One" and when that is selected you can share that folder with someone else by entering their email address.