PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Deleted computer from ubuntu one

mpsz
November 19th, 2009, 03:54 AM
HI I deleted my netbook from the list of computers in ubuntu one.
Now I want to add it again and I can't.
There's no add computer webpage.
I tried uninstalling and intalling again ubuntu one but nothing changed.

Any suggestion?

andrea000
November 19th, 2009, 05:26 AM
open the terminal applications->accessories->terminal
and run this command

u1sync --authorize

the ubuntuone webpage should open asking you to add
your pc.

mpsz
November 19th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Thanks! Worked perfect.:p
I have only on more problem, when the ubuntu client starts it has cheked the broadband use limit to 0.
So it can't connect until I uncheck it.
How can I change this to be permanent.

Regards,

joshuahoover
November 24th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks! Worked perfect.:p
I have only on more problem, when the ubuntu client starts it has cheked the broadband use limit to 0.
So it can't connect until I uncheck it.
How can I change this to be permanent.

Regards,

This sounds like a problem that should be fixed in the latest PPA release. Can you do a system update, restart the Ubuntu One client, and try setting the bandwidth preference again?

Thank you,

Joshua

jakslev
November 24th, 2009, 11:04 PM
open the terminal applications->accessories->terminal
and run this command

the ubuntuone webpage should open asking you to add
your pc.

Damn! you are not only hot.. you solved my problem!!!

Tiede
May 5th, 2010, 08:14 AM
hmmm... andrea's fix seems to have done it (thanks)

However, when I first typed it in the terminal, I was told that the command could not be found and to install it using "apt-get install ubuntuone-client-tools"

I checked, and it appears it is not a dependency of ubuntunone... Out of curiosity, is this normal, joshua...

joshuahoover
May 5th, 2010, 08:26 PM
hmmm... andrea's fix seems to have done it (thanks)

However, when I first typed it in the terminal, I was told that the command could not be found and to install it using "apt-get install ubuntuone-client-tools"

I checked, and it appears it is not a dependency of ubuntunone... Out of curiosity, is this normal, joshua...

Yes, this is expected. The ubuntuone-client-tools package is separate because it's main purpose was to help with testing. In some edge cases, users have found it necessary to try to force authorization. The other way to force authorization is to delete the computers associated with your Ubuntu One account (https://one.ubuntu.com/account/machines/), delete the "Ubuntu One token" in Applications->Accessories->Passwords and Encryption Keys, and then run "u1sdtool -c" in a terminal session. Again, either of these solutions (u1sync or the steps I outlined) should be necessary but with upgrades, server side issues, etc. they sometimes are.

Thank you,

Joshua

hellomezzy
May 6th, 2010, 06:07 AM
thanks! I was having this problem also, but typing that into Terminal fixed it.

Tiede
May 6th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Yes, [t]he ubuntuone-client-tools package's main purpose was to help with testing.[..]
The other way to force authorization is to

delete the computers associated with your Ubuntu One account (https://one.ubuntu.com/account/machines/), delete the "Ubuntu One token" in Applications->Accessories->Passwords and Encryption Keys, and then run "u1sdtool -c" in a terminal session.

Joshua

Ok. Understood!
And, yes, btw, everything now works.

Kevin Kent
May 7th, 2010, 07:04 PM
All working for me now. Thanks Andrea for fix.