PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] One asks for login at every startup

crisnoh
November 18th, 2009, 09:56 PM
How to I get Ubuntu One to remember my login info between sessions? Additionally, I have to re-add my computer every time I reboot.

Thanks.

duanedesign
January 29th, 2010, 05:34 AM
I'm sorry to hear Ubuntu One isn't working properly for you. Can you try the following and let us know the results?

1. Quit the Ubuntu One client
2. Open Applications->Accessories->Passwords and Encryption Keys
3. Click on the arrow next to "Passwords"
4. Right-click on the Ubuntu One token and select "Delete"
5. Go to https://one.ubuntu.com/account/machines/
6. Click on the checkbox next to your computer
7. Click the "Remove selected computers" button
8. Open Applications->Internet->Ubuntu One
9. A web page should open, prompting you to add your computer to your Ubuntu One account
10. Add your computer

You should be connected after you follow these steps.

If you are not connected, please file a bug by right-clicking the applet in the panel at the top of the screen and selecting 'report problem'.Please attach the following files to this bug report.

~/.cache/ubuntuone/log/oauth-login.log
~/.cache/ubuntuone/log/syncdaemon-exceptions.log

bryceowen
January 29th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Scratch that. I'm still having the same problem. I had just submitted my reply when Firefox opened a new tab to the U1 login screen.

fbkarsdorp
January 30th, 2010, 10:17 AM
I'm having the same problem. U1 keeps logging me out and asks me for my computer-address. Previously everything was just fine. It started only yesterday.

January 30th, 2010, 01:14 PM
I have the same problem since a couple of days. I have tried to uninstall the program and reinstall but the problem remains. when I check the Applications->Accessories->Passwords there is no entry for U1 even if I have added the computer.
I have to log-in everytime I start the computer. After a few minutes I have to log in again.

brujoquizz
January 30th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Same problem here. I was thinking that maybe it was a browser problem, but even if I use Firefox or Chromium I have the same issue. I going to look on launchpad if there's any solution...

burpootus
January 30th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Same problem here...Firefox keeps opening a tab directed at Ubuntu One asking me to add the computer I'm on. Very annoying.

andrea000
January 31st, 2010, 09:01 AM
Same problem here as well i have been working on it
since friday i have reported it and it looks like
another bug that has been reported sometime back so
i guess we will have to wait till the bug is fixed.

pw1
January 31st, 2010, 09:27 AM
It's getting boring, but I'm having the same problem. I've been using Ubuntu One without any problems for a several months, until a couple of days ago I started having this problem.

For those interested, here is the bug report in Launchpad:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntuone-client/+bug/514723

duanedesign
February 2nd, 2010, 06:45 PM
Sorry to hear you are having problems.There was a problem recently with one of the servers causing authentication errors. The U1 team has fixed this and put in place some monitoring measures to insure this does not happen again. You should be able to use the service as expected.

Additionally if you are running Karmic make sure you are running the ubuntuone-client 1.0.3 or better. if you run in a Terminal (Applications > Accessories > Terminal)

dpkg -l ubuntuone-client

and find you are still running 1.0.2 visit the link below for instructions to update your ubuntuone-client.

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntuone-client/+faq/930

thank you,
duanedesign

offrampextreme
February 9th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the solution. I was running the old version and not aware of it. I had to add my desktop computer like four times already. My Asus netbook running UNR was added once and never had a problem. Neither did my android phone.

Jim Boy
February 13th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I have been having this as well for the last couple of weeks, now however it has flagged all my files with u1conflict, so now I have to clean up this mess.

I am also running Dropbox on another folder, which has not missed a beat.