PDA

View Full Version : Nothing Being Logged in Mythfrontend

jMon54
November 17th, 2009, 04:19 PM
I am not seeing anything going to my "mythfrontend.log" file. In other words, the file is empty. And I would really like to see what's going on so I can troubleshoot an issue with not being able to record programs but can view live TV. I have recreated the log file and made sure mythtv can write to it but still nothing is being logged. I have also run the repair and optimize scripts on the database. And I went through the mythtv setup to see if there is a place in there to indicate the location of the frontend log but found no reference to this. Does anyone know how I can get mythtv to resume logging frontend activity?

plantschi35
November 18th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I am not seeing anything going to my "mythfrontend.log" file. In other words, the file is empty. And I would really like to see what's going on so I can troubleshoot an issue with not being able to record programs but can view live TV. I have recreated the log file and made sure mythtv can write to it but still nothing is being logged. I have also run the repair and optimize scripts on the database. And I went through the mythtv setup to see if there is a place in there to indicate the location of the frontend log but found no reference to this. Does anyone know how I can get mythtv to resume logging frontend activity?

Sorry for my bad English Im posting from Germany. I have the same problem with 9.10 on my separate frontend. It seams that there is a bug in the installation of 9.10, if you install a machine which only acts as a frontend. The mythfrontend.log should be in /var/log/mythtv, but this directory was not created during setup. I have now installed the secondary backend functionality too, and now the directory is created and the log-files can be found in the directory. Now i have uninstalled the secondary backend functionality, the Directory still exists and logfiles are still in use.