PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Flash is not working in certain website

almoravid
November 17th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Ok.. here's the problem. I've tried to watch a video from imdb.com and my flash player is not working as I can only see a black square box with no option to play the video at all.
I've tried to uninstall other plugin like flashplugin-nonfree etc and then reinstall adobe-flash plugin but it seems not working. I can watch flash videos from youtube, dailymotion etc but not for all websites.

mike555
November 17th, 2009, 12:59 PM
if you have ad-block installed disable it for the website (for instance hulu.com) otherwise it will try to play an ad but not be able to , so you get a blank screen for 30 seconds or so .

servicetech
November 21st, 2009, 03:25 PM
I too am having this issue, no adblock installed.

NoaHall
November 21st, 2009, 03:27 PM
Are you using 64 bit ? If so click on the link on my sig and install the proper version of flash 64 bit.

vallvi
November 22nd, 2009, 09:43 AM
I have exactly the same problem, also on youtube. I get a black square box with no option to play the video at all. If I have it play in a separate window, then I can play the video, but the quality is very poor.

Is this a flash issue, or has it to do with my graphics card (ATI Radeon). I'm on Ubuntu 9.04 32 bit, and have the flashplugin installed. Can anyone help, please?

Thnx

Big_astur
November 22nd, 2009, 10:04 AM
Ubuntu 9.04 64 Bits + Opera + Some adblock script running here and i cannot see the video.

As soon as i disable the script folder in that website the video plays perfectly.

So probably you are running some kind of advertising blocker on your web-browser

vallvi
November 22nd, 2009, 10:23 AM
I solved my issues (on ubuntu 9.04m 32 bit) with this thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1137803

Hopes that's useful for some of you as well