PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] URGENT: Ubuntu One not synching at all!

blazemore
November 17th, 2009, 09:16 AM
I use Ubuntu One every day to have my files available on my home PC, my netbook and the PCs at the University.

However, recently it's stopped syncing. In the tray it says connected, but it won't upload or download any files.

I've tried everything: removing and reinstalling, including reautherising.
I've tried removing all authorised PCs and basically "starting again" but I'm completely at a loss. I have a large number of small files I need (Object Oriented Programming ftw) so it's a real pain to download them via the web interface.

I'm glad I'm not paying for the extra service!

awam66
November 17th, 2009, 11:51 AM
I use Ubuntu One every day to have my files available on my home PC, my netbook and the PCs at the University.

However, recently it's stopped syncing. In the tray it says connected, but it won't upload or download any files.

I've tried everything: removing and reinstalling, including reautherising.
I've tried removing all authorised PCs and basically "starting again" but I'm completely at a loss. I have a large number of small files I need (Object Oriented Programming ftw) so it's a real pain to download them via the web interface.

I'm glad I'm not paying for the extra service!

Hi,
I found that one of my three computers was not synching either and after all the things you tried above still no luck. however I eventually discovered that in the preferences somehow "Limit Bandwidth" was ticked and the limits were set to zero. Unticked it and all was well eventually though I had for some reason to create a new folder in Ubuntu One folder to get it to start. Strange really. I would like to see on option somewhere to force a synch to take place.

blazemore
November 17th, 2009, 12:25 PM
if only it were that simple!
I'm going to have to redownload everything manually (For some reason Downthemall doesn't work on One) and start using Dropbox.