PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] wireless strength drops and becomes very sluggish slow...

thekylehome@gmail.com
November 16th, 2009, 08:11 PM
okay, so I had major trouble with the Network Manager and after doing a few searches I found that wicd is generally considered better. So I'm running wicd now, but one problem that persists is that when my wireless strength drops (it can go from 100% down to 70%) below 90% I suddenly loose all internet access. It fluctuates so much that it is a very big pain... what is wrong? I never had this trouble on previous versions of Ubuntu.

puppywhacker
November 16th, 2009, 09:30 PM
In my experience the wireless landscape around my house (my neighbors) seem to all clog around the same channel. If you you can choose a channel 3 channels away from the others.

In my case I also had the driver time-ing out too quickly, which will show up in the kernel messages "dmesg"

thekylehome@gmail.com
November 16th, 2009, 11:37 PM
In my experience the wireless landscape around my house (my neighbors) seem to all clog around the same channel. If you you can choose a channel 3 channels away from the others.

In my case I also had the driver time-ing out too quickly, which will show up in the kernel messages "dmesg"

Yes, although I have two other computers (one is Mac other is Windows) which use the wireless network and have no troubles. Maybe 9.10 is just buggy since non of the previous versions of ubuntu gave me any troubles...