PDA

View Full Version : SPDIF on Hauppauge 1212 HDPVR

davidstoll
November 16th, 2009, 03:16 PM
I'm using 9.10 / 0.22 and a Hauppauge 1212 HDPVR. I am trying to get SPDIF fully working. Depending on the channel (program?), I may or may not get audio. My guess is that some channels use some type of audio or codec that is not getting passed through. If I set max channels to 5.1 in the utilities/setup page, I get no audio, but I've read that is a bug...? I have a 5.1 surround system.

Maybe related...?
After the upgrade from 9.04 to 9.10, my ffmpeg lost some functionality. Primarily with non-free audio codecs. I've tried rebuilding it with the newest version using the appropriate switches, but I have not had luck.

Basically, I was just wondering if anyone else has had this SPDIF issue or, better yet, have any suggestions as to settings I need to be aware of or bugs that I can work around to get SPDIF fully working.

Thank you,
David

xinix
November 16th, 2009, 06:18 PM
What do you have set for the "Upmix" type? 'Passive' is the only setting that gives me any output for non-hd shows if I use upmixing.

davidstoll
November 16th, 2009, 07:35 PM
What do you have set for the "Upmix" type? 'Passive' is the only setting that gives me any output for non-hd shows if I use upmixing.

yes, "passive"