PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_mobile] Simple Wireless Question

demorik
November 16th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Wuzzup guys, im running ubuntu 9.04 on a laptop and i have a question, i got the internet working however anytime i log off or restart i have to input my password again to get connected, is there a way around this or thats just permanent thanks.

Bunnybugs
November 16th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Wuzzup guys, im running ubuntu 9.04 on a laptop and i have a question, i got the internet working however anytime i log off or restart i have to input my password again to get connected, is there a way around this or thats just permanent thanks.

When you log out of your account, and log-in again, it asks you for the same password: the keyring, enter this password, and check the bo that tells you to remember this password...

(if there are more boxes, check them if the make it remember forever!)

Worked for me, found out by accident:P

jward3010
November 16th, 2009, 01:18 PM
When you log out of your account, and log-in again, it asks you for the same password: the keyring, enter this password, and check the bo that tells you to remember this password...

(if there are more boxes, check them if the make it remember forever!)

Worked for me, found out by accident:P
This is correct, you should receive a password dialog box right after you connect to the wireless network, enter something here - I recommend your user login password because you'll rarely have to enter this one and if it's the same as a common password you use you wont be pulling you're hair out when the inevitable day comes that you gotta remember.