PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] wireless 9.10 connection issue

imneeto
November 16th, 2009, 06:33 AM
I am new to ubuntu so I can use all the help I can get. My problem is I took a windows machine I had wiped it clean and installed ubuntu 9.10 on as a clean install, windows is gone. Everything seems to be going great all the way up to when I try to connect to my wireless network. It sees my network and brings up the wireless network authentication required screen. After that it wont let me log on, there are 4 options for the type of wireless security to pick from but I use wpa and its not a option in the drop down box.

I have read a few other threads that advise downloading files to fix it but at this point my computer is not connected to the internet what so ever.

Any help that anyone may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

imneeto
November 17th, 2009, 06:37 AM
ok so I did some reading on other posts and decided to delete network manager and install wicd...and it now sees my network and allows me to select wpa and put the code in and it gets all the way to validating authentication and goes back to the network list where nothing is connected.

Im going to keep reading thru here of course but if there is any experienced ubuntu users that may be able to point me in the right direction I would really greatly appreciate it. Thank you.