PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless Not Connecting in 9.04

Wataru8675
November 16th, 2009, 05:34 AM
I know, Ubuntu Wireless Question #567892034156468518, right? But finding my problem by searching seems to be near impossible because they're all so different.

But I just installed 9.04 on my friend's computer (didn't want her to have a whole bunch of problems with 9.10 or anything, plus I know that I know my way around 9.04 to help her) and she's loved it so far...but tonight she can't connect to the Internet for some reason. She had it for awhile, but it for some reason just went off. If she clicks on Network Manager, then selects the wireless network she wants to connect to, the blue thing just circles around between a green dot and a grey dot, then eventually gives up and tells us that she's disconnected.

Can't be anything with the actual wireless, because I'm a foot and a half away from her running 9.04 also and I've had a stable connection the whole 3 hours we've been here. Any ideas to diagnose or fix this?

Thanks, guys!

ArinSky
November 16th, 2009, 05:41 AM
this has happened to me every once in a while, it was actually solved by resetting the modem each time. yes, i know yours is working and hers isn't... but thats just how it was on my end too.

Wataru8675
November 16th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Weird...okay, so what if we're in a public place and don't have the option to reset it?