PDA

View Full Version : [mythbuntu] Problems with system fonts

zaurus
November 15th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Hello

I installed Muthbuntu 9.10. Many applications have very small meny fonts. I cannot even see the text. Where can I change this?

KR

Jon Monreal
November 16th, 2009, 02:07 AM
I have located a potential fix here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=640389).

If you need additional help, please feel free to ask.

zaurus
November 16th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks Jon but the solution you pointed me to is not really my case. Mythfrontend and other Myth applications have the correct font size. I am talking about other applications installed with Mythbuntu. There I have a huge problem to see its menus.
Even a terminal application was not usable in the beginning but I menage somehow to fix it, through setting/appearance I think.

Jon Monreal
November 16th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Could you try going to System -> Preferences -> Appearance, opening the "Fonts" tab, clicking "Details..." at the lower right, and making sure that the resolution at the top is 96 dots per inch (if it isn't change it to this value)?

Imitation
December 2nd, 2009, 06:40 PM
This worked perfectly.. though I doubted that it would. I don't even know what happened to cause this. Fonts in Myth itself were totally fine. Fonts in Chromium, Firefox, the Panel and all 'system' applications were fine. The only affected applications seemed to be the ATI CCCLE and VLC that were installed.

Anyhow.. :)

Jon Monreal
December 2nd, 2009, 08:49 PM
This worked perfectly.. though I doubted that it would. I don't even know what happened to cause this. Fonts in Myth itself were totally fine. Fonts in Chromium, Firefox, the Panel and all 'system' applications were fine. The only affected applications seemed to be the ATI CCCLE and VLC that were installed.

Anyhow.. :)

It is a bit odd; glad the solution worked though.

Could you mark this thread as solved (Thread Tools -> Mark as solved)?

Thanks.