PDA

View Full Version : Frontend Only System, std upgrade gone bad

rodercot
November 15th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Hey All,

I have a backend and two front ends, very customized with lirc controlling sat rcvrs, tv's rcvrs and more. I am running 8.10. Absolutely everything was fine and I only was going to update Alsa for a small glitch I was finding in the system hooked only through analog audio.

Anyhow, I did a dist-upgrade to bring this machine current with all the rest in the house .15 kernel etc...

It ran it's course, then failed on the vdpau lib deb a few times I got that fixed ok, but then upon a reboot I know get the The version needs an updated Database schema is 30 versions old.

so How did this happen I did not upgrade any myth stuff that I saw and now how can i fix it without UPDATING all my machines and having to rebuild the custom lirc files and scripts I have already done.

I do not know what else to add, if I knew what was installed that changed whatever got changed I would gladly look into it.

any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

rodercot
November 16th, 2009, 01:06 PM
OK! so updated the DB on the Master Backend and I got that working and the one front end has updated and is functioning again. I have all of my custom menu's in Project Gotham wide, can someone tell me how to get rid of the new menu system in .22 because I have tried changing it in UI settings and it does change I can see it load Project Gotham when starting the frontend but then switches to the new UI menu again.

Thanks,

Dave