PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do I uninstall BlueFish?

bilbo.san
November 15th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Hello!

I recently installed Aptana Studio, and works nice, and decided to also install BlueFish, but apparently, Aptana is not actually installed on the system, it is just un-packed... so when I try to open a .PHP file on Aptana, it opens BlueFish instead, even using the 'open file' dialogue in Aptana...

So perhaps I should un-install Blue Fish... any suggestions please.

Many thanks

AndyCooll
November 15th, 2009, 08:43 PM
sudo apt-get remove bluefish
That should do the trick.

However rather than uninstalling Bluefish, are you not able to get .php files to be associated with Aptana by right-clicking on a file, selecting "properties", then selecting "open with" and navigating to Aptana?

:cool:

bilbo.san
November 15th, 2009, 09:07 PM
However rather than uninstalling Bluefish, are you not able to get .php files to be associated with Aptana by right-clicking on a file, selecting "properties", then selecting "open with" and navigating to Aptana?

:cool:

Thanks AndyCool,
I actually tried that, but I couldnt find Aptana in the programs list, I even tried that on the 'preference' settings in Aptana... and didnt work.
Maybe I could just get use to it... apparently, CSS and JS files do open in Aptana, everything else goes to BlueFish

halitech
November 15th, 2009, 09:09 PM
If Aptana is not in the list, you should have an option of "Other". If you select that you can browse to where the file is actually located. If you aren't sure, you can use

locate aptana to find where the executable file is (probably /usr/bin)

bilbo.san
November 15th, 2009, 09:52 PM
If Aptana is not in the list, you should have an option of "Other". If you select that you can browse to where the file is actually located. If you aren't sure, you can use

locate aptana to find where the executable file is (probably /usr/bin)

Thanks!
That actually worked, but... for some reason, it loads some in BlueFish and other in Aptana... anyway. Will try to work this way.

Sef
November 15th, 2009, 09:58 PM
How did you install Bluefish?

halitech
November 15th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Thanks!
That actually worked, but... for some reason, it loads some in BlueFish and other in Aptana... anyway. Will try to work this way.

you may need to do it for each file type you want to open with Aptana

bilbo.san
November 22nd, 2009, 08:16 PM
How did you install Bluefish?

I did what AndyCooll suggested:
sudo apt-get remove bluefish
But since BlueFish is recognized in the list of installed programs in Ubuntu, you could just to to 'ubuntu software center' under the Applications menu, search for BlueFish and then uninstall it.

bilbo.san
November 22nd, 2009, 08:18 PM
you may need to do it for each file type you want to open with Aptana

Thanks,
I was able to keep both at the end... still, I do not like BlueFish, but apparently Aptana will not edit PHP files as good as it does HTML.

Will see if I can install DreamWeaver with Wine...

e.