PDA

View Full Version : mythbrowser - can't add bookmarks

ryanst
November 15th, 2009, 05:31 PM
So I've just downloaded and installed mythbuntu 9.10 and so far everything is going reasonably well... except that I can't figure out how to add bookmarks for mythbrowser! I'm sure this is probably easy and I'm missing something simple. I would expect that I would add bookmarks under:

Utilities/Setup>Setup>Info Center Settings>Web Settings

but under that menu all I get is mythbrowser settings. I see nothing to add bookmarks.

My searching has been fruitless so far. What am I missing?

Keep in mind that I am semi-new to linux and mythtv so if you refer to editing any files, just make sure you let me know exactly where they are. Beyond that I should have no problems.

Thanks.

spo00n
December 13th, 2009, 09:10 PM
I've been wondering the same thing. I've never used Myth before.The documentation hasn't been updated for the latest version & there's no documentation at all for the latest version of Mythbrowser (it's been removed). I'd love somebody to explain how to set it up so that when one goes to "Web" he sees a usable browser & not that nonsensical Bookmarks page. It works fine from News.

spo00n
December 13th, 2009, 10:16 PM
OK, quite by accident I found that all you have to do is press 'M' on that page & add your bookmarks. 'M' gives you the Menu to enter a url , zoom, etc in mythbrowser.