PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Anyone tried Mint 8

nishanvincent
November 15th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Hi Guys,
Just need your feedback on Mint 8. Heard its inherited from Ubunut 9.10, so did anyone try it out. Just would like to know if its better than Ubunut 9.10, I am currently using Ubuntu 9.10 and pretty happy about it, just need your feedback on having it as a dual boot along with Karmic.
Thanks

e-Gee
November 15th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I tried it is the same as Ubuntu, same bugs same good things just with ugly shiki-wise theme like the last mint and I don't see any reason why do you want to have dual boot Karmic and Mint it is the same thing just looks little bit different.

ramkumail
November 15th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Hi,
I guess only release candidate version of mint 8 is out. Final version is yet to be out. As e-Gee mentioned it doesnt make much sense to dual boot with mint8. Looks, configuration options and menu style are different in mint8(the real killer for m/c not connected to Internet is that it comes preloaded with proprietary video format support). My advice would be to wait for final version of mint8 and then decide.

nishanvincent
November 17th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Thankx guys, just run mint8 from the live CD and doesnt look much of a difference. Happy with Ubuntu for now. Karmic Rocks.

johnboy1313
November 17th, 2009, 10:43 PM
i had a really old version of mint that i like alot, sadly it was still a beta and it had a lot of bugs that were still being worked out with it, I am totally happy with ubuntu since then but i would be willing to check out and play around with another version of mint.