PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] firefox image problem

itsbrad212
November 15th, 2009, 05:40 AM
When I try to display a header image in firefox, it used to show up, but now it doesnt. but it works in opera, so its not my site...

Bruce H
November 15th, 2009, 07:51 AM
What version of firefox are you using? Do you have adblock or similar software installed?

If you can post a URL, that might help.

donloveslinux
December 18th, 2009, 11:59 PM
With 9.10 and ff 3.5.5, sites like hyundai and others had partially hidden and dead links, preventing access to the info. After changing Flash settings, removing History, etc I got Opera. I installed it by choosing Open instead of Save. It played Hyundai and one of the other sites flawlessly. I wish Launchpad included Opera by default in Ubuntu. Firefox garbling graphics has been an issue for me for years.

magic8ball
December 19th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Hi,

I had image scaling issues in Firefox and I installed the PPA for firefox-smooth-scaling mentioned in this forum post:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1013991&highlight=firefox+image

I followed the instructions on the PPA site (expand "Technical details about this PPA" and then select "Read about installing") and then ran the sudo apt-get upgrade command mentioned in the forum post #5.

It fixed my image issues and corrected the way some things displayed on my screen.

- Chuck

joes7
December 19th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Re-install if you are unsure. Alternately, you can go to Tools->Internet Options and check if you are not allowed to see images.

magic8ball
December 19th, 2009, 01:42 AM
Hi,

My Firefox just updated to 3.5.6 and my image scaling is broken again. I guess I have to wait for the firefox-smooth-scaling PPA to be updated? Anyhow, I just wanted to pass along that my earlier post doesn't seem to work anymore.

- Chuck