PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu One Email

NacIK
November 15th, 2009, 02:57 AM
I think that Ubuntu One is really cool, but I don't see too many people upgrading to the 50gb option. Here is my idea: Integrate an email service into Ubuntu One and have it share the space. People already pay for extra storage in other email services and they would also in this one. Think about it, an email like yourname@one.ubuntu.com That would be sweet and work as a form of advertisement. I haver submitted this to idea box. What do you think?

manoriax
November 15th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Maybe a good feature for the future, but as far as the 'basics' are not working properly, they should concentrate on fixing them firstly, before adding new features.

NacIK
November 15th, 2009, 02:45 PM
It seems to be working fine for me.

manoriax
November 15th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Not for everyone it seems if you browse this forums.

NacIK
November 15th, 2009, 04:36 PM
I hope they fix it because from what i see it has potential.

James Haigh
June 28th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Anyone interested in webmail please vote here:

http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/13886/image/1/ (http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/13886/)

In 2008 when this idea was first posted there was a negative response because people felt that Canonical was not in a good position to offer a webmail service, and should focus it's resources on other, higher priority projects.

However, it's now 2011 and there is still no reliable, easy-to-use, AGPL webmail. Canonical is very successfully running a few major websites like Launchpad and Ubuntu One, which are very good quality. Canonical is hopefully now ready for this challenge which is why I'm trying to promote this idea.

James.

PJW9779
October 4th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Maybe I missed something. But what IMHO is a royal pain is the lack of integrated backup functionality in (K)Ubuntu. Esp. for mail.
What would be easier than a menu option like 'Backup' and some buttons to select 'All' or a subset. But esp. 'Backup to external location'. 'External location being either disk or cloud.

This functionality should not even be on the wish list but be implemented asap!
It would not only help Ubuntu One but also solve the longstanding issue of crashing upgrades killing mail archives.