PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 64-bit flash crashes firefox/midori but... 32-bit flash cannot be used in midori

coldReactive
November 15th, 2009, 12:02 AM
1. 64-bit flash crashed firefox and midori when simply visiting the youtube main page.

2. midori can't use 32-bit flash because it takes up to a minute, or never for the flash to show up on the page!

3. If gnome2-globalmenu were to somehow support firefox, then I wouldn't be asking about all this.

AndyCooll
November 15th, 2009, 01:00 AM
At the moment it seems there are problems with 64-bit Flash. So, how have you installed Flash?

And have you tried switching off desktop effects, for I believe in some instances this fixes the issue.

I ask because unfortunately I've had similar issues with Flash, and for me at least it seems to be an either/or situation at the moment. When I installed the version in Synaptic I find that sometimes Flash movies don't work. However when I do an install following the instructions in this thread: Adobe Flash install information for AMD64 (September 2009 update) (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1259102&highlight), then the Flash movies work but the moment I open up Youtube or GMail Firefox crashes!

:cool:

coldReactive
November 15th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Forget it, I'll just wait, and wait, and wait... for firefox to be supported by gnome2-globalmenu *sigh*