PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] External HD host - can it be shared

urdrwho
November 14th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Ok, here is the problem. I don't feel like cranking out another partition on my external F: HD. The HD is connected to my XP laptop and Ubuntu was installed on the laptop as a windows application and was installed to the external HD.

Apparently there is some installation problem when installing as above. Two different times I chose 20 gigs for the Ubuntu installtion but both times the install only gave me about 3.9 gigs of free space. So I am running out of room.

In XP I made a folder called Ubuntu Documents on F:
I would like to have a reference of the above folder on the desktop. Do I need to set up a sharing arrangement. If so I tried to tell the folder to share but I received an error message "testparm".

I'm not really into using LPVM to create another partition on my F: drive. Is there anyway to have something on the desktop that points to Ubuntu Documents on F:

Is there anyway to make my downloads go to Ubuntu Documents on F:

Jon Monreal
November 17th, 2009, 01:31 AM
What you could do is mount the partition you want to access by clicking on it in "Places", navigating to the folder you want, right-clicking on it, selecting "Make Link", and then clicking and dragging the link to the desktop. You can then rename it to whatever you want.