PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Atheros Lan Drivers

james rose
November 13th, 2009, 07:49 PM
I installed ubuntu on an Acer 3810TG and the network connection (wired) doesn't work. I looked around and found that it's because I don't have the driver. So I went to download it: http://partner.atheros.com/Drivers.aspx . Unfortunately the site seems to be broken. So I need a driver for the AR8131 network card but I can't get it! Does anyone either have the driver (there's a tar I was told to look for " AR813x-linux-v1.0.0.8.tar.gz ") or know where I can get it? Alternatively if there is a work around that'd be good too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kcawley77
December 8th, 2009, 06:19 PM
I have a similar problem. I have an acer aspire 1 D250. I installed the latest ubuntu netbook remix and cannot get the wireless to work. I have kernal 2.6.31-16-generic.
I was also not able to access the Atheros drivers page. I did find the AR813X-linux-v1.0.0.8.tar. But it errors on the make install command.
I see there is a version 10 of the driver but cannot find it. Any help, tell me where to find the driver or email me the driver would be greatly appreciated